Most people don’t realise that kids get arthritis too.
However in Australia 1 in 800 (6,500) children has juvenile idiopathic arthritis.¹
How we can help
To help you and your family manage living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis, we provide a range of support services:
- Follow our new MSK Kids Australia Facebook page
- MSK Help Line. Our nurses can help you understand the medical information you’re given, or you find on the internet or social media. They can also help you understand medications and treatments, and help you navigate through the complicated health and services systems. Contact the Help Line weekdays between 9.00am-5.00pm on 1800 263 265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW school resource! – Caring for a child with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
This fabulous new resource has been developed to help you and your primary aged child get the most out of their time at school. It was developed with the generous support of Gandel Philanthropy.
- Information resources. We have a range of resources for parents and kids with JIA. And these resources are continuing to grow. They include:
- The Worst Pain in the World by Nicky Johnston. This beautifully illustrated children’s book offers practical advice for children living with pain.
If you’d like to find out more about these services call us on 1800 263 265 or email email@example.com.
¹ Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia’s health 2016. Canberra: AIHW; 2016. http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=60129555544