Our nurses Anne and Clare are producing short videos every few days to update you on the latest topics relating to the pandemic.
Topics covered so far include:
- the importance of getting the flu vaccination this year, especially if you’re immuno-suppressed
- important information about COVID-19 for people with rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory forms of musculoskeletal conditions
- getting a good night’s sleep
- dealing with fatigue
- what is telehealth and how does it work
- managing your chronic pain at home
- continuing to manage your chronic musculoskeletal condition during isolation
Access the full range here.
We’re also please to share some great short videos from some of our health professional friends to help you manage your health and wellbeing during this pandemic and isolation.
- Engaging in physical activity during this time
Professor Andrew Briggs, physiotherapist and Professor of Musculoskeletal Health Services talks about exercising during the COVID-19 pandemic – how to start and what to do if you get injured.
- Adapting during the time of COVID-19
Fiona Thomas, senior occupational therapist at Caulfield Pain Management and Research Centre provides some really practical tips on how you can adapt to the crazy COVID-19 world.
- The importance of keeping physically active
Dr Adam Castricum, Sport and Exercise Physician and past President of ACSEP Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians, has created a short video on the importance of being physically active during isolation. He provides some tips about staying safe and ways you can keep active in ‘your bubble’.
- Experiencing pain when being physically active
Dr Adam Castricum, Sport and Exercise Physician and past President of ACSEP Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians talks about experiencing pain when being active during these times of isolation. He also provides info on how you can rate your pain so that you know what’s safe and when you should seek help from an exercise professional.
- Tips to look after yourself from a pharmacy perspective
Pharmacist Anthony Tassone provides tips for how you can look after yourself during COVID-19. He talks about flu vaccinations, having medications delivered, medication shortages and how your pharmacist can help you during this pandemic.
- Dr Emma Guymer talks about self care
Rheumatologist Dr Emma Guymer talks about the importance of self care and ways you can manage your condition while at home during isolation. She also talks about the importance of continuing to take your immunosuppressive and other medications as prescribed.